I have good news and bad news.
Some Emergen-C products are vegan, and some are not.
Considering all their product lines and flavors, looking through all the ingredients took a while!
But now I can confidently break down which Emergen-C products are and aren’t vegan.
There are 2 problem ingredients that I ran into:
- Honey powder – Honey is not vegan, and a few products contained this.
- Vitamin D – If you see vitamin D on the nutrition label for any Emergen-C product, it’s in the form of D3, which comes from lanolin (sheep’s wool), which is not vegan.
Other than that the ingredients looked good. Mainly fruit, sugar, and a few other vegan vitamins and minerals added in.
Emergen-C Products That Are NOT Vegan
Let’s start with the Emergen-C products you should avoid:
- The Everyday Immune Support Pink Lemonade Flavor (contains honey powder)
- ALL Enhanced Immune Support Formula (also called “Immune+”)
- Emergen-Zzzz (This sleep-aid contains vitamin D)
Basically everything other than those 2 lines and 1 flavor appear to be vegan.
Emergen-C Products That ARE Vegan
You can find the full ingredients list for each product on its product page on Emergen-C’s website.
If you trust me, here are the products that I’m confident are vegan:
- Everyday Immune Support (except pink lemonade flavor)
- All Energy+ flavors
- All Emergen-C Hydration+ Sports Drink Mix flavors
- All Probiotics flavors
- All Hydrate flavors
- All Replenish flavors
What About the Emergen-C Gummies?
Surprisingly even the gummies might vegan, which is rare in the supplement world.
For example, here are the ingredients for the orange zest gummies:
- Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Water. Contains <2% of: Annatto Seed Extract (color), Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Pectin, Sodium Citrate
Luckily they use the vegan alternative for gelatin – pectin.
If you don’t want to take the risk, just avoid the gummies.
I will try my best to keep this up to date if Emergen-C changes their product line or formulas, but I still recommend double checking the ingredients list and nutrition label, particularly for those 2 main issues before buying any.